Friday, February 12, 2010

Myths of CA unravelled

First of all... I am a student myself and I ain't taking any sides here. The students who take this monstrous examination( call it CA final, inter, whatever...) carry with them more myths than materials ( sorry if it sounds like an article in "Hindu".. didn't know how else to start)

Ram comes home saying "mom.. the insti has screwed us this time.. They have deliberately made the November paper difficult"... Yeah right!! Get a life.. May could've been no better.. Does the insti even know how to set an easy paper?? Ask Bhim who wrote in May.. He wrote again with you in November( :P) ....

The next really strong deep routed superstition is that, the pass percentages are rigged.. They are rigged indeed.. But in the favor of us (students I mean) A very reliable source revealed that the insti doesn't resort to deliberate chopping of pass percentage and in fact pushes even border marks to a pass... Well.. It kinda does... (dude.. Cut the smirk... but yeah!! I can empathise)

The next stop is "Cost Accounting"... Most students including me, feel costing papers are set as 4 hours papers (4 hours to complete it, for the paper setter I mean.. Ridiculous ain't it??) and you have done remarkably well if you have been able to kiss 80% of the paper... The only problem with Costing papers is that they contain huge questions.. Had you spent a few hours reading Sidney Sheldon or even Chetan Bhagat... Trust me.. Costing could've been easier(My Reliable Source said this)...

Somewhere deep down even I have a fear that some insti official could run into this blog and misconceive this to be something critical about the insti and take it out on my paper :P... Yeah.. I know am being way too confident about the readership for this dumb blog of mine.. The belief that the insti could spank you for even a small spat with the receptionist by feasting on your marks is absolute humbug.. The system for correction is said to be fool proof... No valuer knows whose paper is being corrected.. The fact is that all papers are given dummy numbers... Mixed and sent to different pockets of the country where Intellectuals, who can advice Obama on US recovery correct the papers...

Those were some of the common arguments a CA student places before anyone who confronts him with a (Machan... What happened to the results da??).. I, just like every CA student who's struck hard by a failure find solace in such arguments... But a premier institute like ours who talks professionalism 24X7 would do any of these?? Ask yourself

You guys might like this or despise this... Even find my writing intolerable.. (I ain't Salman Rushdie after all).. But trust you could all relate to this.. Todally....

11 comments:

  1. Tongue in cheek bro :) I jus luv the style n u ve definitely got a flare for bloggin :):) Wel the question in the end can b answered in either way.. Got to be a pucca professional n hit the paper with words str8 from the text (It jus doesn sound as fun as a sidney sheldon or this blog :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ram.... :-) Well donno if I could ever comment on this coz if I open my mouth either ways there wld b guys out there saying Excuse me! U hav reached the other side of the river and u can say all wat u wish:-) I guess it takes a lot of courage to own responsibility for our success or wat ppl refer to as failure (I call it an experience....Jus that we should learn from it and not keep experiencing :-)) Well, m very happy that u hav made the choice to own responsibility and also made an effort to clear the minds of all of us here. I totally agree with u.... There is no bias out there... be it in terms of caste,creed, race or gender. I know all of the "GNR Prodigies" r meant to be a CA. All that it takes is a right attitude, positive thinking, smart work and a bit of luck of course :-) V also hav sthg extra.... A grp of lovely frenz.... Lets make the most of it :-)

    N hey.... U cld write more often... U really gud dude:-) Gud luck....Cheers:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey pri.. thanx a tonne.. I gez i should kinda start off

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one Bro..seems d speech has triggered u to write this blog..Good one..i ll tell you what start another one on Gabba Boys's infamous victory n the small journey which might end jus as soon.. as it began :) somethin different to chew upon as against a Studious subject as this :) Good Luck bro..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey .. goood one da .. could easily relate even though I dunno head or tail about CA .. all the best macha ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey..U scored a century on ur debut buddy:)Good job da..I think there cud be no excuses hereafter....I wish u write many more blogs as u hv got d style machan(Peteru...:)God bless u da.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey ppl.. thanx loads.. keep these comments comin da... i need these to keep me goin :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey prashanth!!! good one for a starter!!! :)and definitely the answer to your question is yes! we always 've this feeling that somebody is waiting out there to get us and its always easier to play the blame game.

    keep your work coming!!! and hey i like the ONE LIFE TO LIVE concept, mostly because i often 've a problem in remembering that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. and writes the next article in feb 2010!

    I do want to know who your "reliable source" is :P A good start! I'm not the best person to motivate you to write more often since I've left my own blog idle for the past 2 years :P It's nice to see a blog dealing with personal experiences rather than the ones that just discuss worldly matters :P And yes I do relate to this a little differently but I'm sure, if I wanted to pen my feelings down, there would be no better way than this article.

    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderin whether this was ghost written by Mr.Victor Murali. Stop rootin for de insti man. :P

    A good read though :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're good... and this definitely has come straight from the heart.. it can be called "Voice of the CA students..." :P
    -Anu

    ReplyDelete